Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Wide World of Education Online

Having examined a few websites on my own, and witnessesed a wonderful presentation, -plus of course, I have been inspecting the blogs of others to hear about some resources they've found- I am beginning to take the Internet seriously as resource for education. I especially like all of the websites that provide a means to extend the classroom community outside of the school building and our already to limited class hours . I have been giving some thought lately to the issue of classroom time, and how limited a chance a teacher has to truly make an impact in the lives of her students. Thus I believe that the more a teacher can do to extend the learning outside her classroom walls and free up time for actual instruction in the class, then the more students will benefit from this use of technology. I also appreciate the sites that offer teachers either tools to ease the daily routines, such as those that help you create rubrics, or that can provide them with ideas for lesson plans or methods. I realize how taxing teaching can be, and any time a teacher can spend just preparing for class. Any tool that allows for more thought on education and less on dull routine is worthy to me.

No comments: