Sunday, November 20, 2005

A (Partial) Summation

As I reach a crossroads in my work developing a web site for a high school in my area, I find myself reflecting on my work up to this point as a means of guidance for the future. I would really like to see something strong and positive come out of this. Yet, more than a few complications have prevented the project from developing optimally. As such it seems that I will only have the means and time to create something of partial utility for the school and students. Still I feel even a limited success can have a strong impact. As I have tried to make clear I am a strong believer that a well designed web resource can be an incredible guide and portal to other information and resources. I know one tool that I wish to make available to students is a means of express their own thoughts and reflections on the program of which they can be proud. I think if I set up some type of blog that's held by the community it might give the students a chance to communicate with each other and the outside world in a way that can be comfortable and encouraging. Also, I hope that for all the joy I have taken in creating this blog, the students themselves may take some pride in seeing their work published on the web.

No comments: